What Next?

Craig6519

I've posted my Legend speakers for sale in the HT section, I'm thinking about what should my next step be, I miss my HT system and want to get It up and running again. I'm looking at a $1000 max if my speaks sell and was hoping to find a descent reciever that I can incorporate my Eico and ST-70 into to still maintain the main channel duty's and possible pick up a nice pair of Heresy's for surrounds, any suggestion's? Anything In particular I should be looking for when hooking these together? Will $1,000 be enough?

Craig

Since you have two cornwalls you could do what others like me have done:

Buy 4 Heresys (center, center rear, and surrounds). Target price $800/4

Buy a 6.1 receiver. I use a $350 used Outlaw 1050. You could buy something like that or a Denon 1803 with more features, H/K etc.

For 5.1 you could sell one of the Heresys and save some cash.

A more adventuresome route...and maybe more rewarding...is to build a custom center with Heresy parts (at least the horns) and then just use a pair of Heresys for surrounds.

I started with the KLF-C7 and then sold it for a pair of Heresys.

I hunger for a third cornwall across my front--a vertical horn w/riser length-wise and a screen above. I like the $3500 NEC1000 projector.

Center is inverted on top of 55" RPTV

Surrounds are on sides on 10" risers. I can put them directly on side or in rear corners about 6' back from listening position. I can put them anywhere in between. I have them about 6' from listening position and 20 degrees back due to space constraints at moment...I have a PC desk on rear wall.

I can't put them up high along side wall as I would prefer because the roof pitches at an angle starting at three feet.

REAR is directly behind and about 3' high.

I'm happy with the surrounds...might add another rear....wish they could go higher but it's fine.

Center is biggest issue but OK.