how do i build my own speaker stands?

blake_mooney

If you have any good wood or scrap metal laying around, that'll probably be your best bet. You can build the bases out of plywood. Build the shafts out of metal pipe or a straight piece of wood (i.e. 1x1, 2x4 or whatever). For the top, you can either use another piece of plywood or you can just rig up some kind of metal bracket. You can attach the base, shaft and top either by driving screws through them or use 90 degree metal brackets. Also, if you are on carpet, put some short spikes through the bottom of the base. If you're on a hard floor, put some felt tabs on the bottom of the base. For the top, I'd use either felt or you can get this special material that they put on stands (I forgot what it's called). Once you get that done, paint them whatever color you want and they'll look sweet!! Believe me, if you get creative enough, you can build something a lot higher quality than some of those POS stands you get in stores.

LOL, I know you just want to come up with something quick, but I used to be in the wood furniture business, so building quality stuff is important to me. I think speaker stands are more cool if people design them themselves, cause they can make them look however they want.

Just my two cents. 1.gif