Sony DVD-player?

Jw_Leonhart

http://www.acephotodigital.com/sc/main_item.asp?id=964587546&rf=cn&dfdate=08_11_2003

Is the Sony DVP-NS715P a good dvd player? From what I have heard people who have it love it. I am wondering if the progressive-scan on it is any good and all the other features it offers. I think about $130-150 is reasonable for a DVD-player but any more than that for a single-disc is crazy.

I have the NS725P, its probably pretty close. Love the picture, hate it for listening to music. I has a tendency to skip the first 2-7 seconds of a track the first time, which drives me up the wall. Also, if you don't hit stop _twice before ejecting a disk, it remembers where you were and picks up there, which is annoying far more often than its nice.

Because it will be a part of your video system, it would help to know what type of tv/monitor you'll be hooking it to. Things like picture quality can be critical if you're watching a hi-def set or a large screen which may show up flaws not noticeable on a smaller screen.

DD

I have a Sony DVP-NS715P hooked up to a Samsung WHF3096 30" widescreen TV. It's a great combination. The picture is really clear, and in some movies during scenes with lots of light, it'll seem like you're looking out of a window. Of course, I don't know what kind of TV you have, so it could look different depending on the TV. As far as sound, it sounds really good. Mine will sound even better when I get my Klipsch speakers and new receiver! 9.gif

I also had a Sony DVD player, which I happily replaced with the Yamaha I have now. The improvement was very noticeable. The only thing I miss, although someone pointed as a bad thing, is the multiple disk resume feature to start playing where you left off.

i just got the dvpnc685v progressive scan dvd/SACD changer.it has a variety of video adjustments available, and has improved bass management for 5.1 ch.sacd's. i am very happy w/this unit for now,and while many high end dvd players(expensive)have the build quality,design,and performance that you would expect from them, i can't personally justify getting one of those because there are already a few dvd players in the $200-$300 price range that up-convert dvds to 720p/1080i high def. also blue laser technology is ready as soon as hollywood gets their hands off our throats w/concerns about hi-def(true h.d.)dvds being copied,which will surpass ANY current dvd picture quality.9.gif

avman.