new Adcom 5500

donziman

1.gif I just got my new amp my chorusII's love it. I finaly got my system to where It need's to be. It sounds so much cleaner and my ears are ringing dose any one else have big power and by the way my good freind is moving in for a while he's moving his cornwall in to. So if any one whants to come over that lives in the North East and here some serios stuff email me.

adcom 5500 200X2

denon 5800

chorus II

cornwall's

rsw10

Lord, Donzi-Man, that is a helluva sentence! It left me scratching my head but part of that must be attributed to the 10 viewings of "Stuck in the Middle" over in the EICO thread. It goes without saying that the MOSFET ADCOM 5500 must be a tad bit more tamed in the top end than its distant pop, the GFA-555, an amp I owned for years and passed around to those in need since the mid-80s (ie girlfriends that had Panasonic Receivers). It was a monster power house with a big boned bottom and relatively nice midrange compared to most stuff in that price range. On the other hand, I would rather sit in a vat of tender vittles in cream than listen to a GFA-555 via a top end horn. The MOSFET son 5500 is evidently much more forgiving, as most MOSFET amps are (not to mention more tube-like). I always thought the B&K amps in that range sounded sweeter than the ADCOMS, and better across the board. This was in comparison to the Bipolar transistor samples back then.

So you have a Donzi? My neighbor has one and blows by me on my Hobie while cackling. Damn heel.

kh