Wiring inside the satts

I just opened up one of my 4.1 satellites out of curiosity and found out that even though the drivers seemed to be of good quality ( 5W ) but the wire that connects the headphone jack to the wiring inside the satellite carried a very poor quality wire, maybe even worse than the stock cable. So even if i use the Monster Cable upgrade it won't make much of a difference as the cable inside the satt would reduce the quality of the signal anyway... is it true?

You will not improve anything by putting lower guage, larger, wires inside the promedia's. The gauge they use is just fine, better than what is required. The distance is so short that you could use wire twice as high in size (higher gauge = smaller wire) and not notice a huge difference.

here is a picture of the inside

promedia-inside.jpg

Your promedia might vary slightly from this one depending on what model you have. This is the 120V ProMedia 2.1 satellite

Still, the distance and power going through the cables is too little to give a noticable improvement. YOu would experience deminishing returns, aka audiophilia. People will pay $150 for a 3 foot section of a power cable. I have that power cable and it is not worth $150, it was packaged with my new headphone amp. People will spend $2000 for a 3 foot cable to connect a cd player to an amplifier. This is a similar situation where you won't get an improvement worth noticing.

On the otherhand. If you were to tell me that you were getting cross talk or picking up radio stations or other electromagnetic interference, I would suggest you upgrade the cables OUTSIDE the promedia system either spaker wire or the cables from the sub to the computer. Nothing else.