Sub Problems on 4.1 common ?

nickh

Is it a very common problem that the sub on the promedia 4.1 system gets very hot leading to problems with the system ? I'm quite concerned as I'm thinking of buying a system shortly and it seems the majority of problems on this message board are due to this. If anyone has had this problem has klipsch replaced it with a working one, or is there a way to fix it yourself ? I'm just planning ahead as I will be ordered in Canada and don't want any problems.

thanks.

Ive bought the set and i have had no problem. Think about it this way. You have have heard 10 people on this message board saying that they got a bum system. But they probably came onto this message board just to say that and get help. They are 10 out of thousands and thousands of buyers. Its not like 30 people on the message board bought them and 10 got bum sets, its like 10000 people bought them and 10 of em got bum sets and came to the message board to talk about it. Just cause a majority of people on the board had that problem doesn't mean a majority of buyers have that problem.

Don't know how true, but someone in www.hardwarezone.com posted the following:

it is like this. let me explain.

klipsch has detected a fault in promedia. a small percentage of it.

quote:

when they punch the holes for the heatsink inside.. there is a small blurr on the holes and this cause a leakage to the heatsink. and it warmed up pretty fast. and the heatsink becomes a electricity conductor and fried the 10 transistors on the aluminium platting.

that's the explaination i got from the Amy Platt , promedia tech support.

Even if it's true, no big deal. Fellow who had his woofer/amp overheated was given a 1 to 1 on the spot exchange with local dealer.

Klipsch and their dealers are great with customer service! That's why in Singapore, I'll fully recommend Klipsch over Vidoelogic Sirocco X-Fires. They both sound fine, but only Klipsch comes with local warranty and great service. The other must be mail-ordered direct from UK. You can imagine the hassles if spoilt!

Don't know how true, but someone in www.hardwarezone.com posted the following:

it is like this. let me explain.

klipsch has detected a fault in promedia. a small percentage of it.

quote:

when they punch the holes for the heatsink inside.. there is a small blurr on the holes and this cause a leakage to the heatsink. and it warmed up pretty fast. and the heatsink becomes a electricity conductor and fried the 10 transistors on the aluminium platting.

that's the explaination i got from the Amy Platt , promedia tech support.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com/ubb/Forum11/HTML/049360-2.html

Even if it's true, no big deal. Fellow who had his woofer/amp overheated was given a 1 to 1 on the spot exchange with local dealer.

Klipsch and their dealers are great with customer service! That's why in Singapore, I'll fully recommend Klipsch over Vidoelogic Sirocco X-Fires. They both sound fine, but only Klipsch comes with local warranty and great service. The other must be mail-ordered direct from UK. You can imagine the hassles if spoilt!