1st Time Sub Buyer...Help!

Robert5687

I am putting together my first home theatre system. I am purchasing what I consider to be better than average equipment so i won't be looking to upgrade any time soon. I have decided on a Denon 3801 receiver and Klipsch Quintet speakers. I had the opportunity to listen to the Quintet speakers with the packaged KSW-10 sub-woofer and really wasn't too impressed by the subs output. I am considering upgrading to the KSW-15 or possibly the Velodyne CT-150. The CT-150 runs about $100 more on the internet. Since I haven't had the opportunity to listen to either sub, i am looking for advise on whick sub is better and if the Velodyne is worth the extra $100.

Velodyne all the way. Much better sub than the klipsch. Have you tried the Klipsch Synergy 6 system? Its a step up from the quintet, and you might be happier with it. I enjoy mine more and more every movie i watch. If not, the quintets are still fine speakers. Im getting a smaller velodyne next month, i have too small a room for a big one.

enjoy,

Nathan

------------------

Yamaha 595a

SB-1's (pair)

SC .5 (center)

SS.5's (pair, rear channels)

Zenith 27" TV

Toshiba 3109 DVD player

Optimus HT Surge Protector