What amp/rears/center and woofer do YOU suggest?!

Taylorbaby

Due to the marvelous amount of information/tips in my previous topic in the "2-channel audio" section here is my next subject.

I am keeping my RF-5's, i would be nut to trade them for smaller ones. Now my next step will be: Home Cinema. Ok I've got a hybride amp from Unison Research named "Unico". This fine piece of work produces incredible sound combined with my "Marantz" modifies AH! Tjoeb'99 cd player.

"wich DTS receiver?"

Now I need a DTS/Dolby Surround amp along with some rear's, a center and a subwoofer.

I have a small bedroom, by.. length= 7 and wide=3 meters. I really want a nice "cinema sound" in this room so I can watch DVD music/film, and play Nintendo/PS2 games in surround.

My budget for a good amp would anywhere till $ 699. I've heard I don't need that much power for my RF-5's. Brands like NAD and Denon I hear a lot in here. are there any types in that pricerange for me? I want DD, DTS, Pro Logic II in the amp. Also optical/coaxial would be a must for me. please do some suggestions on brands and types in the $ 699 budget.

- Denon

- Harman Kardon

- NAD

" Rear Speakers"

Then the next step would be rears. I am thinking about rears from Klipsch, is that highly recommended? or would a speaker by Tannoy do the job as good as well? in the case that i MUST take Klipsch... what "small" rear speaker do you recommend? also keep in mind that i don't need "the best cinema sound there is" just a very nice sound.

- Klipsch

- Tannoy

- ????

"Center speaker"

Then a center speaker comes to my mind.. but wich one would be suitable for me? remember I have a small room so what would be a good sub... Klipsch?!

- Klipsch

- ????

"Last but not least the subwoofer"

What kind of subwoofer is suitable for my room?

- Klipsch

- REL

- ???

Hope some Klipsch-maniacs can help me further, like i was helped in my previous topic THANKS!

much of our responses would depend on your budget for center and rears.... from experience. i have had the 5's for my front channels, and i began with the rc 3, the 5's flatly muted the 3, i could not hear it, it was 1 of those cases where you turn it up to hear dialog, holding the remote in hand, and once the explosion hit you jump to turn it down, i got tired of this, and these fine folks lead me to the rc 7, the 7 completly fixed this problem, everything was more balanced sound wise, plus the 7 is an amayzing center. as far as rears, in my opinion the only way to go is full range, the rs seriese is limited, as far as range goes, there is quite alot of range coming out of your rears, but the rs's wont allow you to realize this. you could set these to small, but your imaging suffers, go with a smaller rf series, 15's or 25's, my son uses his rf 5's and 2 rf3's for surrounds, coupled with an rc 7 center. little turd dosent even know how good his system is, he uses it alot for gaming and some ht, but remember, during ht, and gaming the brunt of sound comes from that all important center, dont scrimp there, you will be sorry12.gif

thanks man for your reply... It isnt possible for me to go for fullrange rear speakers. My bed is placed in the corner, and in the other corner there is my door :(

Now I can go for small rear speakers, as you named the RF series (15s/25s) I will give them a try. I will take the Center speaker in the RF series really serious, cause I think the best way to go is Klipsch. A nice sub from Klipsch with it and a good amp by Denon/HK/NAD and there I go :-)

Little turd does indeed NOT no what stuff hes using hes one lucky son of a . ;-)