Can anyone say they meet this?

iXtreme

I was on Dolby's site and read an article on speaker placement in relation to viewer. They claimed the best set up is 45 degrees from prime seating position for movies and up to 60 degrees for music listining. If I'm not mistaken you'd either need to be sitting in a room that is about twice as wide as it is long or you'd need to almost be sitting on top of the T.V. for 45 degrees to be possible. Music set up would be even harder at 60 degrees. Does anyone have a 45 degree set up?

I was wondering because my new HT room is 14 X 24 and I'd have to be like 5 ft. or closer to the T.V. to be 45 degrees from the front mains.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you are misunderstanding it. Look at the chart again http://www.dolby.com/ht/Guide.HomeTheater.0110.html#s3.1 -- the 45 to 60 degrees is the angle that is formed by the listening position and the L and R mains. If you position your front speakers on the long wall, spread them 12 ft apart, and sit 12 ft away from both L and R mains, this will form an equilateral triangle, so the angle will be 60 degrees.