What do you think of the new Sony ES receivers? (links):

kenratboy

They have new ES recievers from $600 - $1500 (shown). They look like something you would find in a top secret lab in 1950 Soviet Russia, but I bet they are sweet in real life. As good as the Denon's are, I wonder how the same-priced ES gear compares. Reguardless, I always enjoy seeing new products, whether they are cheap, expensive, or whatever.

Link to the receiver page with the different Sony's: http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-lEOBi3QXv3C/ProdGroup.asp?c=4&s=0&g=10420&cc=01

Crutchfield link: http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-lEOBi3QXv3C/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=4&g=10420&I=158STRDA5K&o=m&a=0&cc=01&avf=N

Front:

h158strda5k-o_LD.jpeg

Back:

x158strda5k-b.jpeg

No, I don't work for Sony, but I just found these things to look very odd and have some danm good specs for the price, and I know some people here use and lose Sony ES gear.

I haven't seen it yet. But the MSRP on the flagship ES receiver is like $4500 !!

I just think it's obsurd. So, I hurried up and went to Tweeter to buy a floor model on the old ES flagship STR-DA7ES. I love it, esp the remote is so cool. Good price too for $780.

Ken:

No problem with the Sony. Lots of people like 'em and they seem to do very well. My son is enjoying his lower-priced Sony at his house. He loves it, and I do think it sounds pretty good. He is running his with Sony satellite speakers and a Sony subwoofer. The only item I have heard determental is that Sony amplifiers tend to sound a bit bright as compared to some other brands such as Pioneer Elite and Denon. But, if you like bright, that's a good thing.

-Pick 2.gif

Sony is leading the charge towards digital amplification - at least for H/T. Like AVman said, don't know how they will sound with klipsch, though. They do look sharp and offer a lot of b for the b. I might have gone with the 3000ES myself, instead of the Pioneer 55TXi, but the Sony had no i-link.