Surround placement problem

swampfox4

I have a system consisting of older Pro-Logic Adcom, with new RCW-5's for L & R and SC-3 center and RS-3's for surround. The listening area is 16'W X 20'L and has 18' cielings and there is no rear wall of the room - it opens into dining room and hall which have 9' and 18' ceilings. There is a 2' wide section (where the back wall should be!) below the elevated walkway above. The right side wall has a recessed bookcase so side placement would be unbalanced at best. I've read the posts that suggest that if the surrounds are higher than 6' they should be angled downward. What brackets should I use if this is the best solution or, what are the alternatives? Ceiling mount 18' above? Any suggestions appreciated.

Hey Keith, great link - found a bracket with a built in 20 angle that would work. Where around here can i get these products? Just moved from NJ and haven't found a decent dealer yet - Klipsch lists Hooper's as a dealer but they're out of business i think. I went to Cicuit City and all they had was real low end stuff. Went to Likis and they didn't have a decent selection - high end but limited. Small world it is. Thanks for your help!

Call the 800 number given on the OmniMount web site. They'll be able to give you a number of mail order vendors if there are no local dealers. They can also advise you on the best model OmniMount brackets to use, if you have any questions. As long as you can fasten the brackets into a solid beam, you should get a rock-solid mount for your speakers!

Good luck!

swampfox4, taking a guess at the bracket you are speaking of(WQF-20/WQF20T).Your RS-3's should be tapped

with inserts in the standard 4 pattern to match the hole pattern in the brackets.If you are looking for simply a good bracket without the frills then the Utility Hardware line is great.Omnimount doesn't sell direct.I recently looked for a dealer and ended up doing business with Crouse-Kimzey in Ft.Worth,Texas. They were recommended by Omnimount.Their # is 800-433-2105.If they don't have the brackets in stock they will accept your payment and Omnimount will ship to you.The WQF bracket line all MSRP for $29.50ea.and UPS shipping cost me another $7.00.I think the brackets are a good buy.

As far as local dealer's go, check out Hoopers in Inverness(280).Talk to Todd.Tell him I sent you(he'll charge you an extra $50 probably).Or how about HiFiBuys

in either Hoover or Eastwood?Do your homework before buying.If you plan on a purchase send me a PM prior to buying.I'm a known cheapskate.I love to save money(art of the deal thing).Hope this helps.

Keith

Keith, just a little applause for your "cheap-skated-ness." I started on this BB as "BargainEd" when for $300 I picked up a pair of demo KLF 30's from my local auth dealer... and a new C-7 for $320. I, too, have a reputation for putting discounted cash where my mouth is.

And, oh yes, I appreciate the buying tip you sent me privately.

You are the genuine 'Bama HECK Raiser... Hero of Enlightened Consumerism Klipsch... and those who lurk for your lines are legion.

Keep on poundin' Smash.gif the Joy of Klipsch and showing us how. HornEd