4.1's keep getting softer and softer... wtf

JasinC19

I've had my 4.1's for like 2 years now. When I first bought them, they were ridiculously loud. I had the volume on the speakers turned up about 1/4 of the way and 3 bars on the windows volume meter was blowing me away. Now after all this time I have them turned up half way on the speakers and the volume all the way up in windows and they're not even as loud as they used to be.

Also worth noting is that the front two speakers are WAY louder than the backs, which used to be the other way around.

I have a SB live value (i know it sux, but it used to work fine). I dont think the problem is software, I've reinstalled all the Creative drivers/software a bunch of times. IS there a problem somewhere? Any suggestions? Thanks

Jason

I've had the same problem a couple of times as well. I'm using the same sound card the computer intially came with, as a result there is only one jack output for the speakers instead of the required two. I'm using a Y-adapter and it seems as though the connection degrades over time. Try unplugging them and plugging them back together (With the speakers turned off of course). See if that seems to help, has in the past for me. If not, try cleaning them off as well.

i thought that also that my speakers have gotten quiter also but nope i figured out that it was me myself and i i had done got to were my ears ajusted to the loudness of the volume i did this Do this ok leave ur speakers at a low normal listing volume for a week or two dont cut them up. Then after the week or two cut them up and they should sound like there old selfs again