AVVT 2A3s

ssh

I received a pr of AVVT 2A3 Meshplates from JAC Music yesterday.OMG,they open up the soundstage & have pinpoint detail.Jeff told me they would add a new demension,& I'm sooo happy I took his advice.I noticed the difference between some of the audience's opened & some closed-handed clapping in Waltz For Debbie & Jazz At The Pawnshop.It may be that I just hadn't attended to that before,and one need not listen for detail to hear a marked improvement with the sound of these tubes.Dark Side OF The Moon was almost too much fun.Wow.The AVVT spec sheet suggested to listen at low,varying volume at first,so I mostly listened at about 60& 70db,10-12ft from the Kornerhorns,& not over 80db(except peaks).I probably won't be able to resist cranking them up after another couple of hours.Crocodile Rock,maybe.

SSH 1.gif

These tubes were once very expensive and had a lot of reliability problems. Evidently, JAC is doing some heavy sorting to find the good samples as this about sunk AVVT in the past. Glad to see many are getting quality from this tube again. JAC is doing better at replacing the bad ones it seems, as Ed had a good experience. The AVVT Meshplates always get great comments from those that have good samples. I know Jeff has liked them for quite a while. I am waiting for him to send a pair for Christmas...

kh

ps- That ole Jazz at the Pawnshop must be getting a workout! The Bill Evans is a great one, though (beyond clapping). Be careful with Crocodile Rock...this is an AVVT Meshplate eater!