help with home theater setup

TampaEd

Hello Everyone.

Well this is my first post here and I'm very happy to have found this forum.

Now heres my situation and setup

I mostly use my system for music played on a

Pioneer DV503 DVD player and maybe once a week or so a DVD movie

I do like it quite loud and have a very large listening room 24 ft X 36 Ft approx area

my reciever is a

Pioneer Elite VSX 29TX THX Ultra

front pkeakers 2 Klipsch KG 5.2's

center speaker klipsch RC 3

rear speakers RS 3's

I am thinking about upgrading to one of the following

KLF 30's or RF 5's for fronts as well as adding a

KSW 15 sub

any recommedations ar advice would be greatly appreciated

i think adding the ksw-15 is a good idea. please re-set the parameters for 'speaker setup '. this should add to your 5.1 ch. surr. sound experience. you can turn the output to your sub (line level) up or down for movies/music. i have klf-30's, w/c-7 center. avman

Eyes.gif

Avman

Thanks for such a quick response.

So which would you recommend the KLF 30's "which I'm leaning towards" or the RF 5's?

Once I upgrade I'll be using the older KG 5.2's as a second room setup.

quote:

Originally posted by avman:

i think adding the ksw-15 is a good idea. please re-set the parameters for 'speaker setup '. this should add to your 5.1 ch. surr. sound experience. you can turn the output to your sub (line level) up or down for movies/music. i have klf-30's, w/c-7 center. avman

Eyes.gif

Basically just looking to improve the theatre sound quality and add some really good bass to the already great sounding system.

With this large of a room I feel I need more sound in the bottom end.

quote:

Originally posted by rowooo:

TampaEd.....What is it about your current system that you would like to improve on? Once you narrow that down you can zero in on just what upgrade/equipment change will satisfy your needs. Keep us updated..later

TampaEd, welcome aboard.

Although I would personally prefer the Legends,for my use,to the Reference speakers you may possibly be more satisfied with the Reference speakers.And even better, you already have the center and rears.Go to your local dealer and give em both a good demo.You may be able to find a good deal right now on the 30's.That is if you can still find some.Consider also cost and availability

of matching center and surrounds if you decide to get 30's.Either way Ed you just can't lose when you buy Klipsch(IMHO).

Keith

Always good to have another Ed on board. Welcome TampaEd! As you can see from my profile below, I am rather partial to KLF 30's. BUT, with 30's you will probably want to upgrade your center to at least a KLF C-7 to approximate a better timbre match.

From what this BB six-star Administrator (BobG) says, the new RC-7 will be an even better centers. BobG indicates that the new Reference 7 series has the character of the Legend line (includes KLF 30 which is no longer made) and the accuracy of the Reference line. A good match between mains and centers is very important to eliminate distracting tone and timbre shifts while doing HT.

You will find there are a lot of good folks on this BB even if they are not all named Ed. Enjoy! HornEd

------------------

"30 Something 6.1 Herd"

KLF 30 Mains

KLF 30 Modified Center

KLF 30 Surrounds

KLF 30 Rear Effects

SB-2 Front Effects

Subs: KSW-15 + 3 KSW-12's

Speaker Support Systems:

Mitsubishi RPHD1080i 65"

Yamaha RX-V3000 Receiver

... UNDER CONSTRUCTION!