"Quintet" owners: your opinion, please.

Pitricolo

I am NOT a Quintet (no need for italics) owner, so maybe I shouldn't be responding to this, but I have seen other threads where some owners complained that the center is a little weak--they wanted to upgrade to a better center. I have also been told this system is suited for HT far more than it is for music ... Hope that helps.

I forgot to offer you this link to audioreview.com, and it's Quintet reviews. For me this is the best user-written review site out there by far. Klipsch usually scores quite well, but then Klipsch users tend to be very loyal. I find it helpful to scan many different opinions when buying speakers, but remember, nothing beats actually listening to them yourself. Check out user reviews for the Quintet right here:

http://www.audioreview.com/reviews/Speaker/product_7742.shtml

I currently have 2 sets hooked up to a Yahama DSP A1. They really good as long as you have a really good sub. These speakers produce very little to no bass. I have a Velodyne HGS-15 which makes everything sound really good. These speakers you can find for about $499.