Moondogs are howling at the moon-Thank you Erik Mandaville

LonestarBlues

I want to thank Erik for trouble

shooting and repairing my Moondog

amps. Erik is a class individual and gentleman. I enjoyed meeting him and talking audio. He has helped me out, repaired Edster's Moondogs, gave CutThroat guidance so he could make repairs to his Moondogs. And helped Wolfram out on his AE1 preamp. My Welborne Labs combo-Moondogs and Revellie tube preamp are sounding fantastic through my Cornwalls. I have been playing music for 11 hours and will not be going to bed anytime soon. I am enjoying the music too much. Started out listening to my tuner & then switched to cd's. I have been listening to some Al Di Meola, Freddie King, Lightin' Hopkins, Roy Orbison, Dinah Washington, Keith Whitley, Johnny

Cash, Patricia Barber & now Frank

Sinatra. I like late night listening on the weekends.

Regards, Mike

Thanks, Mike it was a pleasure meeting you, as well. I'm glad the amplifiers are staying fixed!

Unfortunately, Wolfram has had a more frustrating time of it. The switches AES uses have a really nice feel to them, but the way they are made leaves something to be desired, I think. I put them back together, repaired one small solder joint, and that was really all I did. The main thing was very careful packing, and making sure nothing could come in contact with either the power or selector switch during the trip to Germany. Despite the packing job, the power switch managed to come apart again, and the spring and one of the bearings (which are under tension within the switch body)were lost. I took both switch sections off my own AE-1 and sent them to him so he could try to do the repair himself. And I think he did a great job with that, too! As of yesterday morning, the switch was installed, but he wasn't getting power. So I have been trying to keep in touch with him....I'm just a little concerned, actually. I expected to hear back from him, and am wondering if his email is out, or something...

Are you there, Wolfram?

If you can't send email, would you please respond to this post.

Erik

As of now the AE-1 IS working. Thanks to the great and very patient guidance provided by Erik (THANKS AGAIN EVER SO MUCH!) it seems as if I managed to get the switch working. For the rest of the day it'll be listening to music. At some later stage I shall report on the sonics of the AE-1, now I am just relieved9.gif .

Wolfram