Any one in here using santa cruz turtle beach soundcard

cemepee

I have the SC and do indeed like it, although it took me about a week to get the settings right! Keep in mind that I have music with ranging recording levels, everything from my friend's stereo CD burner to crappy quality stuff off of K-Lite. For a media player, I use Winamp 2.91 with the MAD plug-in decoder (excellent):

http://www.mars.org/home/rob/proj/mpeg/mad-plugin/

First of all, update your drivers to 4193 (or whatever the version is) RIGHT NOW! you will notice better clarity and tighter, louder bass!

For my main volume, I use 2 big notches and one small notch above the bottom. In the mixer, the only real thing that matters to me is wav, which I have set at 2 big notches and one small notch above bottom. Depending on your CD's, midi, etc. You will want to fiddle around with the other controls as you go along. In "other", I don't know what Acoustic Echo cancellation is, but I have it turned off. I also don't use the 3D audio much, but it's really cool for some songs! I use my versajack for my headphones. Lastly, I leave all of my balance and fade in the middle.

My speakers stay with the main volume at 2/3 usually and the subwoofer at 1/4 or below. Since I cornerload it, I get plenty of bass to fill into my music. Surround is at a bit less than half.

Winamp controls the rest. I leave my equalizer at my own custom "rock" setting and either leave it off or use it. My volume knob on winamp is frequently used, and controls most of my MP3 volume.

Hope I have helped you, enjoy your Promedia's!! I enjoy mine, they are great "rock" speakers.

• 2 weeks later...