Home Theater gaming options...

Ok, so with all of the talk about the new 5.1's lately I've decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to a beginner level 5.1 home theater system (no, not the paradigms or the klipsch's.) I will be purchasing a receiver, and I currently have an sblive value. Since I will be using this new system for my computer speakers through the receiver, I am concerned about the effects on gaming sound. For instance, will I lose all eax or a3d options if I go this route, and will the better speakers and sub(12") make up for it? Also, I've heard that some companies might start releasing games with a dts or dolby digital format, I assume that I will be able to use these without "dedicated" computer speakers. Just want to get everything clear before I spend too much money. Thanks in advance.

You would do well to ask these sort of questions at the Home Theater Computer section of www.avsforum.com

Also, if you want to build a HTPC, you can get both an audiophile sound card AND a sblive for gaming...

and I am fairly sure (not completely sure, unfortunately) that you can get EAX and A3D when going through a reciever and the like... but you might have to tweak the setup...

------------------

"Feh."