ATI's new flagship the 9800XT 256MB!

TheEAR

ATI will have a new top of the line video card very soon,the amazing 9800XT 256MB.One thing is for sure,I am ordering this beauty,to go in my Athlon64 Asus mobo,and the FX51 will be the heart pumping all the goods.

My current most powerful system is no slouch,P4 2.4 @ 3.15Ghz(back in business) with a ATI Radeon 9800PRO 256MB.2GB of Corsair fastest RAM.Next up a 3.2 Extereme Edition will replace the overclocked 2.4,and I will overclock the hell out of the Extreme too.HE HE

Now Half Life 2 should be smooth as silk for all the Radeon 9500 and up owners.nVidiots will have to settle for snail framerates when all eye candy is enabled.3.gif Well I have a good few nVidia cards too,but ATI shows its the performance leader at the momemnt.

With Antec 550W TruePower PSU's in all my machines now the power supply has the goods.

that will be a waste...32bit on 64 bit CPU.

Even XP64 wont be much better as it will be running most apps in 32bit mode. Kind of like Windows on Windows in NT for 16 bit apps. An extra layer that will not take advantage of the CPU potential.

In order to get most out of it you will need to run some true 64 bit OS *nix based with their apps.

I still will go for G5....