check out my upcoming project, lay out.

danechristian

this is a plan of my upcoming projects, and it is a preliminary plan. all suggestions will be appreciated.

this is a plan of the inside walls. no furnitures and shelves etc..

if you do know how to read this then good.

post some of your opinions about the sound that would be produced using this plan. i know sound will depend about the materials used and how insulation on the walls will be. lets assume that we have a good, but not expensive materials and a good insulation and sound proofing. lets talk about sound waves. lets say measurements are:

19L. 15W. 8H. measuring at middle.

check out the options

note: i didnt put the measurements at the plan. i havent scaled the measurements.

post-12526-13819249673656_thumb.jpg

i'm no acoustical engineer, but i don't think you want a dome...

from what i remember, a dome carries sounds from one side to the other, and i don't think that would be what you'd want in a HT room...

not too sure you'd want the angles at the top either, but they may help the surrounds have more presence...

any acoustical experts here?

I'm no accoustic engineer either, but I remember the sound-in-a-dome trick (sound from one side of room you can hear on the direct opposite, but difficult for others in other areas of the room to pick up on) from museum center trips as a kid. Sound is very peculiar in a dome and probably would not work well in a HT setting. Someone with experience ocmment here!