what should I do ?

poogle

Hello, this is my first post, and I was just looking for some advice on what kind of system I should get. I currently am running on a SoundBlaster Live Value and some Aura speakers. Definately room for improvement here.

My forerunning question is whether or not I should ditch the SBLive and get myself a Hercules Game Theater XP. It seems to be a much better option, as there are huge compatibility issues with my SB Live, win2k, and my VIA chipset. Then should I go with the 4.2's or the 5.1's. I dont have too much money. Mainly I am trying to get great sound coming out of my computer, but I dont think it has to be too extravagent. Mostly playing games and watching DivX movies and DVD's. Please let me know :]

------------------

_ _____________________ _

Splurgy Studios

Well, in my opinion the only reason to get the 5.1's is because of the 8" drivers in the sub. So you can choose the 5.1 if that center really matters to you, that, or if you want a larger more powerful sub. Keep in mind that they are an extra $100. But I also think that the smartest thing to do is wait till there are reviews on the 5.1 to compare with. Then you'll know the differences. As for the soundcard, I can't really help you there, I've got an sblive with win98 and I am fine with it.