In-Ceiling Rear Surrounds??

daverphcvs

I am going to replace my rear surrounds (Polk Mk-II's) and was wondering if anyone had experience with either the CS650-R's or the RCR-3's. The ceiling in my listening area is cathedral type with the slanting toward my listening position. I plan on using 2 pairs for side and rear surrounds since my Denon 4802 supports that option. Also, is the optional mounting kit required to install these speakers? Any feedback on ceiling or wall mounts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

I just installed a pair of RCR-5s in my vaulted ceiling last week--they sound great. Was not sure on the mounting kit either-called Klipsch, they said it was not needed. I believe it like a sleave for the speaker that you can mount to the studs (if you are pre-drywall). I just makes installation easier.

I have to say-I did not have any problems, with install-just cut the hole with the template, connect wires, put in the speaker and tighten down. Have fun (nothing like standing on the top of a ladder 12 feet in the air with nothing but a round speaker in one hand and a drill in the other!!)