Component Cable

rvincerob1

Are you refering to component video cables that transmit the video in 3 seperate color segements versus the A/V composite video cables? Or are you talking about high end type audio cables vs the usual cables packeted with the equiptment components you purchase?

"Will someone please tell me what is the difference between component cable and regular a/v cable."

Depends on the structure of the A/V cable. Component cable is simply 75-ohm coax with RCA plugs on the end, bonded together into a 3-pack. Some A/V cables (and by that I mean an assembly of 3 cables bonded together, sold back in the day to carry 2 audio channels and a single composite video channel) are actually the same structure as component video cables -- 3 75-ohm coax with RCA plugs. The Radio Shack Gold come to mind, and I'm sure there are others. I've successfully used Radio Shack A/V cables to connect my DVD player, as well as for the analog output from my SACD player.

DD

----------------

On 10/16/2003 12:14:48 AM rvincerob1 wrote:

Yes, I,m refering to component video cables that transmit 3 seperate colors.

----------------

world of difference in the video signal

www.ilovehdtv.com has a forum which has a thread which lists important threads and one of them is WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IN VIDEO CABLE

check it out...

hth