Velodyne and Power Cable Question

tuxracer88

Ok a couple of questions for all you HT experts out there.

1. Can I upgrade the power cable on my HGS18-II to say a computer server A/C power cable? The one that they give you looks so thin when comparaed to the dozen or so A/C power cables I have lying around. Question is that the Velodyne A/C is 2 prong and the ones I have are 3 prong. Thoughts on this? I know you can buy some, but the A/C wires I have are signicantly thicker than the Velodyne OEM one.

2. Configuration question, would it be better to aim the woofer directly into the corner I have it placed at? Hate to move it around more than I have too since I got it setup nice and all.

Thanks to all in advance.

1.I "upgraded" power cords on all subs where its detachable to UltraLink's thick ...good looking wires.

The store claimed "improved bass",I say yeah sure.But purchased them for looks 1.gif

Now bass is no tight and deep the whole building is about to implode. LOL

2.What was your question again?Oh yes aiming the woofer in the corner,yes it will add aroun a dB or so more.I point my Carver KS subs woofers at the wall(corner).

thanks for the input Ears

1. yeah I think I'll just replace the A/C cable with one of the extra server cables I got lying around. It's thicker than that OEM one, but not quite like those Cobalt or UltraThick power cords. I understand the concept of power and demand from my car stereo install days, but just can't pull the trigger on a $100+ A/C cable. Money could be spent somewhere else. Maybe a receiver upgrade or Klipsch speaker upgrade! 9.gif

2. I kinda thought that too, I like the idea of being able to tune it easier with the controls on the side within easy reach.