LFE BASS

love_hertz

It won't damage your speakers. I'm not sure if you mean setting the main to "Large" and then the subwoofer to "On" because this might actually result in less bass.

If the yamaha's have an "extra bass" feature that pumps the full LFE freq to both the mains (and whatever other speakers you designate) PLUS the sub, then you might actually get more bass than you want. Such is the case with my preamp processor. Too much bass is not a good thing, though a little santa elf will disagree with me on that.

From what I know, many like to keep their mains set to small, despite being towers, and have the sub cut off anywhere from 100hz to 80hz. And make sure the freq crossover filter on the sub is either disengaged (if applicable) or set as high as can go, so the yammy can electronically cut it off at the right level.

1.SPEAKER SET

in this section of the set menu, choose LARGE or SMALL speakers.

at the end of this section, you are asked:

BASS OUT MAIN

BASS OUT SUB

BASS OUT BOTH

CHOOSE BASS OUT BOTH

also see if you can adjust the roll-off-to-sub from main down to 40Hz...i am not sure about this,but get it as low as you can. call yammy tech support if you have to,especially for the roll-off-to-sub issue.sorry i don't know more about that issue15.gif

avman.