Home theater speaker setup questions??

phansson

I have been working on my home theater for about two months now. I have a pretty decent setup of equipment. I did not have the luxury of building a dedicated room though and that worries me as far as acoustics.

I have seen many members talking about room calibration equipment and programs. This all looks cool, but how do you fix the problem? I am sure that I have some peaks and valleys in my sound but do you fix it with a digital EQ? A standard EQ? A digital processor?

I would think someone in here would be able to help me.

Thanks

your preamp should have some flexable adjustments for eq'ing and bass management and level adjustment as well.

speaker placement is very important as well. try to get your left and right front speakers as far apart from each other as you sit back from them (i.e.: 10ft. back= 5ft.+5ft.from center)

PLAY W/TOE-IN/OUT

very important for imaging!!

hope this helps.

avman.

I have the speakers toed in and actually my room sounds ok. The big problem is bass response. As the KSP-400's have the subs built into them. This means that to put them in the correct placement for the screen, I have to have them in the corners. It produces a TON of bass but it sounds muddy. I think I would be better off selling them and getting seperate front mains and getting a seperate sub.