Which Subwoofer Cable?

price042

Hey guys,

I've got an SVS 25-31 PCi coming in tomorrow, but don't have a subwoofer cable yet. I know quite a bit about regular speaker cables, but not much about the difference in sub cables. I will probably get one from my local Circuit City, but they have a couple different ones to choose from. All of the ones that they sell are Monster Bass or Monster THX and range from $19.99 to $79.99. Is there going to be a significant difference in sound quality between the $19.99 THX, the $79.99 THX, or the Monster Bass 300 that falls in the middle of that price range? I don't want to go cheap on my cable since I just spent $600 on the sub, but don't want to have spend more than I have too(especially just for a name). Thanks in advance and look forward to reading your suggestions and opinions.

-Matt

----------------

On 10/29/2003 3:28:17 PM price042 wrote:

Hey guys,

I've got an SVS 25-31 PCi coming in tomorrow, but don't have a subwoofer cable yet. I know quite a bit about regular speaker cables, but not much about the difference in sub cables. I will probably get one from my local Circuit City, but they have a couple different ones to choose from. All of the ones that they sell are Monster Bass or Monster THX and range from $19.99 to $79.99. Is there going to be a significant difference in sound quality between the $19.99 THX, the $79.99 THX, or the Monster Bass 300 that falls in the middle of that price range? I don't want to go cheap on my cable since I just spent $600 on the sub, but don't want to have spend more than I have too(especially just for a name). Thanks in advance and look forward to reading your suggestions and opinions.

-Matt

----------------

Hello:

Most would not hear a difference between the middle of the road and the high priced cable.

You can also look around for other brands, 99.9 % oxygen free copper with gold RCAs, 10, 12 or 14 gauge and perhaps get a better deal, or you can let the sales clerk know you're spending your money, may be buying in the future and give me a discount on one (1) of the two (2) higher priced cable. If he doesn't ask for the department or store manager.

Win dodger