RSX-4 with Quintets?

FirebirdTN

Hi all,

Been lurking around here for a while, and have been slowly building my HT system...I now have my receiver and a set of Quintets, but still need 2 additional speakers and a sub.

I have been looking on ebay for an extra pair of Quintets to match my current set for my 7.1 system.

Problem is, NO ONE is selling silver Quintets on ebay! Black or white, they are all over the place, but nary a pair of silver ones (unless I bought another complete package).

If I cannot locate another pair of silver quintets, I am possibly thinking of purchasing a pair of RSX-4 reference sats. According to the specs, they seem a good match for Quintets; they boast the same efficiency and frequency range as the Quintets (I am sure the respons is quite different though!)

Now-question is...would this work? And if so, where would you place the RSXs?

On the one hand, I feel compelled to put the better speakers as the main left and right front channels (the RSXs). Yet on the other, all my speakers will be wall mounted, EXCEPT the rear channels, which will be on stands. The Quintets have rear bass port, and various people and the way the manual suggests speaker placement, it almost appears to me that the Quintets rely on a wall behind them to reach the low frequency range that they spec (100Hz). Knowing my rears will be on stands, not close to any walls, this tells me to put the RSXs on the stands for rears...

Thoughts?

-Alan