Building a Home Theater .

white wolf

My room is been build and i want a home theater for it. My brother has a HT in the hall where he has a projector , a denon amp , klf 30 in front and Klipsch rear and center and infinity as second supporting rear .and a 15 inch sub woofer. Now that setup is way too expensive. Now i want a HT for my room.

the size of my room is 27 X 15. I want a good HT and I want to buy it once but a very good one. Now i would share my budget with you guys please recommend what would u go for.

My budget for now is: 2000 $

Now i have a Tv. thats it and i dont want a 5.1 system for now. what i want to start is a 2.1 then i would expand later on. The 2000 $ budget is for the 2.1 ,dvd and the amp.

NOw which DVD player to buy.

which Amp to go for.

which speaker for front to go for .

Note: Since my HT is in my room so i wont be going for a 7.1 or a 8.1. I want a very good 5.1 . thats enough i guess.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Wolf, welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, $2000 doesn't get u very far.

I've been looking at some DVD player myself too. I am getting myself a JVC XV-N50BK which plays any kind of DVD (incl DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW), MP3, JPEG files. It has a optical output and progressive scan as well. Good deal at Amazon.com for $78 (after $20 rebate).

Speakerswise, look into RF or RB 35, and RC35. You should be able to get them for around $1000. So, you still have $900 left for wiring and receiver. People have been recommending Denon Receievers, so you might want to check them out. In the future, you can spend another $500 for the surround speakers, and $400 for the sub.

Just my $0.02.

Good luck.