New drive for my klipschorns

jjtube

Probably not.

The theory is that the AlNiCo reacts differently (can't remember how) to the magnetic fields induced in magnet structure by the current in the voice coil. I can't verify, or dispute it, but I'm not buying just the same.

I have a long explaination from a person in the AudioAsylum who ownes or has owned all of the versions of the t35 and t350. He indicated that EV changed some of the tolerances and design of the driver when they switched to the ceramic magnet. "The workmanship and material quality of the older alnico EV tweeters is very good, however the later ones have much tighter tolerences and refinements, though the materials are not as good with more use of cheap molded plastic."

This is a much more plausible reason (IMHO) for the difference than the choice of magnet material.

I have a long explaination from a person in the AudioAsylum who ownes or has owned all of the versions of the t35 and t350. He indicated that EV changed some of the tolerances and design of the driver when they switched to the ceramic magnet. "The workmanship and material quality of the older alnico EV tweeters is very good, however the later ones have much tighter tolerences and refinements, though the materials are not as good with more use of cheap molded plastic."

This is a much more plausible reason (IMHO) for the difference than the choice of magnet material.