Better crossover for KG5.5??

Dylanl

----------------

On 11/6/2003 2:00:31 AM Dylanl wrote:

Is their a better stock crossover that can be used as a replacement to the stock unit installed by Klipsch? This unit looks very flimsy & the wiring look thin.

----------------

There is no "off the shelf" crossover upgrade for the KG5.5's that I've heard of... but you could upgrade the components (wiring, caps, etc...) if you'd like to get your hands dirty. Crossovers are custom designed for the components/design used in each speaker.

I seem to remember someone posting the electrical schematics to several KG's on here at some point... If you use the search command, you'll find a wealth of info on that subject.

Rob

You are correct about not finding an upgrade crossover for the KG5.5. You can however replace the caps with Auricaps or Hovland caps on the tweeter side. You can also install Bybee filter on each tweater. You can purchase that here at www.modwright.com Tell Dan Levi sent you.

I just found out that the crossover on my Klipsh 5.5 is not identical. I removed the lower 10" woofer and saw that the crossover are of different kind. No wonder the left channel sounded different from the right channel when I was doing the pink noise calibration.