Quntets for 2 channel wall mount application?

rekingjr

Hi,

I am looking for a pair of speakers to mount high on the wall in my kitchen for general music & talk radio listening.

I have seen pair of Quintets available on Ebay for a decent price. Two questions:

1. Are Quintets meant to be used as a separate two channel system?

Klipsch site refers to them as front & rear channels of a complete surround system.

2. Would this be a good application of these speakers? I do not expect massive low end performance. They would be about 8' off the floor & on a gable end wall of a vaulted ceiling.

Looking forward to feedback!

Thanks1.gif

I think it would work fine, but there is absolutely no bass to speak of. Since size seems to be an issue, I'd recommend looking at the Cambridge Soundworks Ensemble IV, I think they sound better much better than the Quintets. If you buy the refurb's from ebay seller:hifi.com, you get the 10yr warranty. You can get the HT set with 5 satellites and a passive subwoofer(about the size of a small shoebox) for ~$100 shipped. I know it's for your kitchen so you could just resell the other satellites of use them elsewhere. The passive sub is very small so it could easily go behind a plant or trash can or something. It is one of the best hidden bargains in audio IMO.