Assistance With Uploading Pictures (JPG)

easyeyes

Yes, the dial up for overseas is terrible. I'll checked the size of the pictures and the largest one is 41.8kb. I'm using a primitive digital camera and I did not have the option to make them smaller and I do not have any software on my home computer that can do this either.

If you are complaining of the upload time there is no way to avoid this unless you compress the .jpg picture in a graphics program. Too much compression, and the shot loses resolution and looks grainy. Not enough, and it is TOO large in size slowing the upload and download times to a crawl.

Actually, 41kb is VERY managable to be honest. EVen with a 56k connection this should NOT take too long. IF you are having problems displaying your shots, that is another story. But the speed issue should not be that big a problem.

Btw, as an AOL subscriber, you have at least 7 screen names, each having 2MB of space. So technically, you have your own WEB SPACE to upload pictures and LINK to them. Perhaps you dont know how to do this.

I made a file on how to post pictures in this forum - drop me a mail if you need assistance.

kh

EE, are you attempting to upload MORE THAN ONE picture at a time? Only load one at a time. IF you would like to permanently post the pictures to your own space in AOL instead of the Klipsch space (you have more than enough room and can send link to friends), there are directions for this if you type in "FTP SPACE" in your AOL address bar. Take the first link listed titled, "MY FTP Space" and follow the direction for how to upload your files to your own server space on AOL. You pay for this each month with your membership.

Your files when uploaded will be able to be access with this form address:

"http://members.aol.com/screenname/image.jpg" Your name would be in place where you screen name is listed and the exact file name of the picture where "image" is listed.

Here is the way to insert a picture into your post while linking to a graphic either on another site or on your own space.

insert_images.gif

Paul's advice is correct however. Try not to insert HUGE graphics in the post for obvious reasons unless necessary or an attempt to show something. You might want to download Paintshop Pro since it's very easy for a novice to use and almost as powerful as Photoshop, at least for the non professional use.

kh