Bookshelf Speaker advise

syd

Hi all, I'm in the process of upgrading to Klipsch speakers for my home theater room. I currently have a 12" JBL active sub, a Klipsch Center Channel (RC-25), and I now need to purchase bookshelf speakers for rear surrounds.

My question is this, I'm looking at the RB-15 and RB-25 speakers but I don't know which to purchase. As far as I can tell, both speakers are fairly similar, except the RB-25's provide more bass. Can I get away with the RB-15's because I have a subwoofer, or would I be short changing myself by not spending the extra cash for the RB-25's???

I'd really appreciate your advice. Thanks!

----------------

On 11/10/2003 9:35:56 PM syd wrote:

Hi all, I'm in the process of upgrading to Klipsch speakers for my home theater room. I currently have a 12" JBL active sub, a Klipsch Center Channel (RC-25), and I now need to purchase bookshelf speakers for rear surrounds.

----------------

What are you using for your front left and right?

----------------

My question is this, I'm looking at the RB-15 and RB-25 speakers but I don't know which to purchase. As far as I can tell, both speakers are fairly similar, except the RB-25's provide more bass. Can I get away with the RB-15's because I have a subwoofer, or would I be short changing myself by not spending the extra cash for the RB-25's???

----------------

It'll be interesting to see what others say, but personally, I'd be more inclined to go with the RB-25's. I think that will give you the best match all the way around (although, you did not mention what you are using for the front left and right).

I am currently using a pair of Pioneer speakers that I purchased about 12 years ago - time to be replaced with newer and better products! I will be replacing these shortly with Klipsch RF-15's or RF-25's. So,in the end the entire set will match.

The Klipsch website says that the perfect match for my rc-25 center channel is the RB-15's or RB-25's for rears and RF-15's or RF-25's for fronts.

Since I've already purchased the RC-25 center, do I need to stick with the RB-25's and the RF-25's (MATCHING NUMBERS)? Or can I mix and match 15's with 25's (confused aleady???)

Again, the main question is, will I see much difference in the RB-15's vs the RB-25's?

Denon 2803

Sony 53" TV KP53HS30

SONY DVD VP-NC625

I use the RB-25s for surround duty and RF-3IIs for mains.

The RB-25s have a few big advantages over the RB-15s...the 25s are front ported so they can be placed against a wall, or hung directly on the wall and as you know the 25 produce more bass.

You can mix and match any of the lower end reference series speakers as they are all voiced matched.

----------------

On 11/11/2003 9:09:48 AM syd wrote:

The Klipsch website says that the perfect match for my rc-25 center channel is the RB-15's or RB-25's for rears and RF-15's or RF-25's for fronts.

Since I've already purchased the RC-25 center, do I need to stick with the RB-25's and the RF-25's (MATCHING NUMBERS)? Or can I mix and match 15's with 25's (confused aleady???)

----------------

If your budget allows, it may be your best bet to go ahead and spend the little extra money to get '25s all the way around. This will probably give you the best possible match. However, if you must, you can get the '15s to go with your RC-25, and they will match fine. As to how much of a difference it would make in sound quality, I cannot tell for certain as I have not hear these all together (although I did get to hear the RF-25's, very nice sounding speaker).

I think, in the long run, you'll be happier if you went and got the '25s instead of the '15s (both front and back). I don't know how much more money this would actually be.