Sub Delay?

Antagon

I have a fairly long cable from my AVR to my sub, like 8 meters or so. But the problem is, i've notice a delay in sound when watching movies, especially noticed in the 100 smith fight of Matrix Reloaded, you would see the events, then a fraction of a second later, you hear the bass. Its an annoying problem and I cant find anything to fix it.

If anyone has any ideas, please post! thanks

I don't think it's the length of your cable that is the problem. Electrical charges (i.e. the signal in this case) move at very close to the speed of light. So essentially, if you had a mile cable that did not lose signal strength, it still would not pass the threshold that would allow you to notice any delay. If anything, it sounds like the position of the sub is wrong in relation to all of the other speakers.

----------------

On 11/14/2003 2:06:56 AM kenratboy wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong, but the signal in the cable is moving the the speed of light minus a few percent.

----------------

That is correct, but for all intensive purposes, it might as well be moving that fast because as humans we really can't differentiate a few percent off of the speed of light without sophisticated measuring equipment..