RW-12 compared to B&W ASW1000 opinion?

Psylocke

I have the following:

RB-25

RC-35

RS-35

B&W ASW1000 12" SUB

I was thinking of upgrading my sub to the RW-12 to match the rest of my speakers.

I brought home the RW-12 to demo against my B&W ASW1000.

Well I find the RW-12 to be more tight and cleaner then the B&W but their is a problem.

My current setup is as follows. My Elite 47TX is set to 80HZ crossover, the channel level of the sub is set to -10 (the lowest setting) and the sub is set to 1.5 volume gain (out of ten). With these settings I get good low bass that rattles everything in the room and hits very low. When I substitute the RW-12 I have to set the volume on the sub to 3/4 total power and the channel level on the receiver is set to +3. Also with the RW-12 the bass peak level is set to +1 where as the B&W is -25.

My concern is does this mean the RW-12 is not as efficient as the B&W. The klipsch gives cleaner bass then the B&W but with the settings it has to be set at their is not much room for adjustment if I move the theater into a different (Larger) room.

What should I do? Should I upgrade or stick with the B&W?

8.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif

TheEAR

Do you think I should go for the RW-12 then. What about saving up for the RWS-12?

I really like the way the RW-12 looks with my system as well (considering it is from the same series speaker).

I was also thinking about eventually getting a second RW-12 if I go with it. In the basement on concrete I think the extra 12 would help.