Which Synergy bookshelves are right for me?

Jw_Leonhart

My friend works at Bestbuy and I currently own the Klipsch Quintets... I am looking on a possible upgrade to maybe a pair of SB-1's and an SC-1 keeping two Quintets as surrounds? Are the SB-1's a good idea or should I maybe go for the 2's or 3's? What about the center channel? I know these are going to be alot bigger than the Quintets in the back and output a little bit more. I am curious to get some ideas, below is a link to pics of my Home Theater.... thanks for any replies, I will take everyones idea into consideration into my decision.

By the way, specs of my Theater are on the link below, incase that is a factor for decision?

www.angelfire.com/nj4/tvpics/index.html

I have the SB 2s and I like them more than my wife.. just kidding. I'd love to have all Refrence but Synergy was what I could afford at the time and upgrading from some crappy Sony sattelites really made the Synergy shine! You should buy The Sc 1 at the very least, don't go with the SC .5, the center channel is huge to really enjoy surround sound. People will tell you that the Quintets are not prooperly timbre matched to the fronts and that might be true, but since they are effects speakers I don't think it will stand out and slap ya in the face. Just my opinion

jw,

If you can afford it-go with the SB 3's . Excellent sound and bang for the Buck..........Happy listening...........JMO9.gif

Edit: jw- With the size of your room go with the SB-3's I am assuming your buying New.

If you have a Reference dealer nearby-Please look at and consider the RB 35'S . gOOD LUCK.