SF-2 or RF-15?

JesseNYC

Ok, so I am shopping for new front LR loudspeakers to replace my current model KG4. I know the Synergy models would better match my existing Synergy model loudspeakers, but I really like the Reference model sound.

Should I just round off my system with the SF or does it really matter?

Thanks!

It might make for a better match with the Synergy, but I think there is another inner-lying question here.

I think you are experiencing the upgrade bug. If you went with the Synergy I'm pretty sure you would be still thinking about what the Reference would have done, etc. Why not have a 2 channel reference and move the Synergies to another room? Then you can continue to upgrade to reference as you get the extra money.

In the long run, it might end out saving you a LOT of money. JMHO though.

Upgrade bug? I think you're right. 1.gif But I am scared to where this will leave me. Originally, I was thinking of upgrading the AVR and all of the speakers. After waking from the sticker shock, I decided that I would do this slowly and hopefully wisely as well.

Although I like your idea, I am much too impatient for that type of plan. It's usually all or nothing with me. I really like my other speakers. Don't get me wrong, I love my KG4's too, they're just 16 years old and look a little dated compared to my other components.

Thx.