URGENT reply please regarding AC spec

mmiles

I have posted here before about this matter. Tommorrow morning is the last meeting with the electrician. So far I have a dedicated outlet/isolated ground for the projector and screen and one for the "electronics" (electronis = amp, pre/pro., dvd player, cable box, stb, RPTV and sub. It seems to reason I need one for the sub and amp as well since both devices are fused at 15 amps each. However I don't want to create any ground loops (all circuits are grounded in the same panel) either. So the question is do I have enough AC for the job?

Regards,

Mike

I would make sure you have on at least 15 amp just for a amp. All the other stuff you should not have problems with on one circuit. A lot of the newer high power surround amps need a dedecated 15 amp. If you have a real big sub then you may need one just for that. Remember it is always better to have to much than too little.

mmiles:

I simply ran a 20-Amp home-run circuit from my equipment rack back to the breaker panel and it runs my entire system; projector, sub and all. No issues yet. (12 gauge wire) 2,400 Watts (@120 Volts) is a lot of power! Be sure to use a 20-Amp-rated outlet as well!

-Picky 2.gif