quartet

greg w

THANKS,I HAVE SWITCHED TO MY KLF 20 WIRES AND THE PROBLEM STILL EXHISTS.THE 20S DONT SEEM TO TAKE AS MUCH POWER TO DRIVE.QUARTETS SEEM TO SOAK UP THE POWER,DOES THAT HELP ANY?10.gif HAVE TRIED SWITCHING TO EITHER CHANNEL AND BOTH TRIP BREAKER. HAVE G9000DB POWERING THESE.

It could be that the connection fell off one of the woofers.

Now don't get insulted. It is difficult to tell if one woofer of two is working.

If you have a balance control, pan between the two at a low level where the amp is not tripping out.

If no balance control just disconnect one and then the other to be sure the woofer is sounding. An alternative is to just lightly feel the passive radiator at the back and determine whether the bass system is working. Or maybe an ear close to the front bass driver will do it.

In any event, an A to B comparison may show up a problem with one and not the other.

Gil

----------------

i have replaced the woofers due to old age and cracking. now when turned up part way it will trip breaker on reciever. is there something simple that i am overlooking? they still sound great at lower volume.

----------------

Replaced them with what? Did you match the original woofer's specs? Sounds great at low levels? If you are using stranded speaker wire, make sure no strands are touching the other terminal. Just a guess.