Let It Be Naked

Lone Palm

This is one eye opening ear popping release. They have stripped all the Phil Spector fluff off the "Let It Be" recordings and let the music shine as intended. It's kind of strange to listen to because your mind tends to put in the reverb and strings and such. "Let It Be" was always my least favorite BeaTles recording til now. I can't get enough of it. There is an extra CD included called "Fly On The Wall". Its sraps of rehersals and BeaTle dialog that was recorded during the recording of "Let It Be" and the abandoned "Get Back" Sessions. The sound is dry and real!

• 1 month later...

Funny J.B. I was looking on the forum for a thread about, "The Beatles Naked" and was very surprised that this one is so short. I must recommend this release to anyone that loves the Beatles and those that did not like "Let It Be" on it`s first mix.

I just got my copy on vinyl a couple of of weeks ago and listened to it this weekend. I couldn`t agree with you more. Stripped of all the fluff that Phil Spector added it really lets one hear what this group of lads sounded like live in the studio during their last days. At times it does sound like a high quality bootleg recording. This was Paul`s wish, to have everyone experience "Let It Be" as it was originally laid down on tape, 30 some odd years ago. God! Has it been that long?

And speaking of long. The Long And Winding Road" is more intimate and personal without all the orchestration. As is the whole recording. But it`s not just the mix that is different on this record. Song selection and the order has changed just a bit but not enough to take anything away form the album or make it unrecognizable from the original.

Many Beatle fans didn`t like the record when it came out. This will heal most of those flaws but not make everyone happy. It`s a must have though if you are a Beatle fan. Or not....."The long and winding road..baba... baba". I luv`em.

----------------

On 12/27/2003 5:03:25 AM middlecreekguy wrote:

I just got my copy on vinyl a couple of of weeks ago and listened to it this weekend. I couldn`t agree with you more. Stripped of all the fluff that Phil Spector added it really lets one hear what this group of lads sounded like live in the studio during their last days. At times it does sound like a high quality bootleg recording. This was Paul`s wish, to have everyone experience "Let It Be" as it was originally laid down on tape, 30 some odd years ago. God! Has it been that long?

----------------

Where did you get the lp version?