bi amping KLF 30's.

johnymac

Does anyone run their KLF 30's bi amped?

If so, are you happy in doing so?

I am not really sure how to do this, but currently run a Hafler Xl600. I have a Hafler DH-500 collecting dust these days. I was going to use the DH500 for my surround system, but thought maybe check out if I should bi-amp by current stereo system.

Does anyone know what is involved in bi-amping? I should probably add I have a Audio Research SP9 MKII preamp.

Thanks to all that reply.

You want to "Bi-amp" them correct? I ask because Bi-amping and Bi-wiring are very different but often confused. 4.gif

Advantages with Bi-amping are you can use a better amp to drive the mids and highs (where you'll need less power) and a powerfull solid state amp for the bass. This implies that you have two separate amplifiers as well as an active x-over (like those you find in proaudio) You'll need to know the x-over point of your existing speakers and it's slope so you can properly setup the active x-over which will replace it.

Then for wiring you go from your preamp to the active x-over... which splits the signal into highs/mids versus bass. This is fed into your two amps, and then from there to the speakers.

Hope this helps...

Rob