need help with speaker mounting...

DrWho

(this is a copy of the same post in the odds and mods forum)

Do you any of you guys out there know of any speaker stand to mount a speaker close to the cieling, without putting holes in the wall? I'd like to put my surrounds in a new location, but there are doorways underneathe both positions and my parents won't let me put holes in the wall...

all that to say, do you think placing a magnet in the attic and attaching a metal plate to the top of the speakers would work? It's the only way I can think of doing this without making holes or marks.

It might be possible to put a stand underneath, but I've only got about 2 inches between the door open and the wall...maybe a comibination of the magnet idea and a supporting pole to help with the weight?

Would there be any significant negative side-effects to the process? oh btw, the speakers are the "bose 4.2" (stereo-everywhere) speakers. yes i know, i should use a weak magnet so they'll accidently fall and smash apart, but they actually perform quite well.

What about suction cups? I'm looking for any ideas here.

If you want pics, just let me know...