FIRST STEPS TO HOME THEATER PART 2

big c

On 11/14 I posted my first topic asking advice on a center speaker to match my rp3 towers and the feed back was good and helpfull.The recommendations were between the rc7 and the rc3. I went with the rc3 $179 vs $700 for the rc7 at good guys. I couldn't resist the price. My gear consist of the denon 3802,denon 1600 dvd player and synergy for surround. Now I want to go reference for the surrounds.Does it make sense to move my rp3 to the back and get some rf3 with dual 8" woofers for the fronts or go with the conventional rs3? 3.gif

The RF-3II is no longer made. Its replacement is the RF-35.

The RF-35 would be perfect for either front or rear speakers depending on your room layout. Four towers and a RC-3 would give you a great theater. Most folks do not go this way due to limited space. If you have the space, go for it.

Bill

I honestly think the RP-3s up front, RC-3 as a center and RF-35 as backs. I have an all tower set up and love it. I also have the RS-3II to switch between RF-3II and RS-3IIs and they both have pros and cons. But I belive the RF-3IIs make great surrounds compared to RS-3IIs. I belive your should use RF-35 in my experice. Gosh its nice haveing what I do, I can help so many. But really, it depends on space. It would be a good idea to have your back speakers a foot from th back wall to help prevent refletions when aimed directly at you. Hope all this helps.

CD