pinging Craig or Ryan, need help on Scott

Tom Mobley

The guy repairing (actually building a new one, I think) the PS tranny for my 222C is asking me about the voltage in the two orange wires that go to the Selenium rectifier. I'm under the impression that there's about -48 coming out of the can cap it's wired to. The 4 12AX7's get 12 apiece. As the circuit works its' way around the can cap terminals it passes through 4 18 ohm resistors per the schematic. I have no clue what the current is, I can't do the V=IR deal because I don't know I or V with any certainty. At 12 volts the tubes use 0.15A apiece per a tube DB I use. The filaments appear to be wired in series. Can you either measure the voltage at the two orange wires or can somebody with a better knowledge of circuits help me figure it out?

Tom

Thanks Ryan.

Sounds about right to me. There's four 18 ohm resistors on the can cap, supposed to about 44V coming off the last leg of the RC filter comprised by the 4 resistors and 4 sections of the can cap, going to the 12AX7s. I can't get the V=IR numbers to add up right, but I think you're right anyway. Thanks also to Craig, who called me back with a similar number.

Tom