(DVDA/SACD) Hookup Dilema - To Receiver or Projector?

dbb

Gang,

I'm confused on the best method to hook up my DVD player in my 7.1 setup. The Denon 2200 (DV-Audio and SACD) has new generation video processing on-board.

For the video, should I go from the DVD component outs directly into my projector's component inputs (the projector has Faroudja DCDi processing), or should I go ahead and run the component outputs into my receiver first and then into the projector? I have an Onkyo TX-NR900 receiver, which should also do a decent job at processing video. So, three components, each with their own video processing. I'm afraid that daisy-chaining one processed signal into another processor will do nothing but ultimately "muddy" up everything.

Then there is the question of the audio hookups for DVDA & SACD, not to mention the optical link between player and receiver for normal DVD movie playback...

Also, any good sources for quality cabling that won't break the bank?

Thanks!

• Like 1

As I understand it, 'component' signals have already been processed from digital. Think of them as analog. If any component is going to process them further (which the projector might do), it will do so whether or not you use the receiver switching.

And that's what a A/V receiver does to the video - switch it.