Heresey vs KG4

dgb

I'm probably going to put my KG4s on ebay after Christmas, and have been doing some price comparisons. The KG4 usually goes for $200-$300 while the Heresey and II go for $300-$500 a pair. While I may be biased, I have directly compared KG4s and Hereseys while looking for speakers, and found the KG4s to be slightly better speakers IMO. Definately have better bass and a bigger sound, while the Heresey did have better mids (for obvious reasons). So why do Heresey's go for so much more? They were roughly the same price as I recall. Simply name recognition?

I've had KG4, Heresy and Heresy II in my place. Out of the three, I prefer the Heresy. The Heresy bass is not as deep as the KG4, but IMO, it is more natural sounding. The mids and highs were also better. I'd attribute this to the higher quality of the drivers used in the Heresy vs the KG4.

Yes and no. To get a true, 20hz sub you have to dish out some real coin from what I've seen, then place three speakers rather than two. I'm not saying it wouldn't be a great set up, I just don;t see it being a great value when you can pick up Fortes or Chorus for usually only $100-$200 more than Heresys.

----------------

On 12/22/2003 12:51:33 PM Manuel Delaflor wrote:

dgb

The difference among those and the Heresy's is not as big as having a set of them without sub and Heresy's with a nice clean 20Hz box of pleasure.

----------------

I picked up my Heresy 1's for $5.00 and have read of a few others who have paid less the $100 for a pair. Guess you have to look a bit. I built my own subs which are very flat and clean down to 30 Hz (-8 dB at 25 Hz). This combo would be a good system even if you paid $700 for it. I'm not saying the other Klipsch's aren't a good deal used, only that the Heresy's with a sub are a good deal. Go outside of the Klipsch brand and try to get this good of sound for the same amount of dollars and I think you'll find it will be hard to do.

Dave