Best W/S Rear Proj - $2K

garymd

Easy,

Thanks for the response. All he knows is that he wants a big screen at around $2k. RP is fine. He saw a friends 52" sony and loved it. I told him I'd ask around since he could go a little bigger. I suggested the Mits was popular but he seems to like sony. I'll pass that on.

The absolute biggest bang for the buck by a wide margin is the Pioneer 643HD-5 available at various Costcos under $2000 Is 64 is wide screen has wonderful stretch modes and a beautiful picture

there is absolutely nothing in its price range that is even remotely close in performance

Cheers

----------------

On 12/19/2003 12:58:57 PM htxpert wrote:

The absolute biggest bang for the buck by a wide margin is the Pioneer 643HD-5 available at various Costco’s under $2000 Is 64” is wide screen has wonderful stretch modes and a beautiful picture

there is absolutely nothing in its price range that is even remotely close in performance

Cheers

----------------

That's what I'm looking for. Thanks for the info. I'm passing this on so I'm sure he'll look at them all. Very much appreciated!

I'd reccomend Mitsubishi. I have one and love it. Always have had great luck with Mitsubishi products. I've had 3 VCRs (2 lasted 10+ years, in the 3rd year with the 3rd), DVD and HDTV. No problems at all. Mits is a little more expensive than most, but as usual, you get what you pay for (unless it's Sony or Bose).