Klipsch/Denon HT Proposal

OnMedic

I've had Klipsch speakers as far back as I can remember, and having been using Denon Electronics for over 15 years.

They sound terrific together. I like Klipsch because they rarely sound bad with anything, but Denon has warm enough sound to provide a nice tonal balance.

In the mid-90's, Yamaha definitely had the lead in Surround SOund Receiver technology, but Denon caught form, and their products are terrific. The 3803 receiver is a classic bet in the $800 - 1000 area.

2.gif

I noticed you said you were considering RB-35 for the surround back when you got 7.1 later, I'd suggest you match your sides and get two more RS-35.

First reason: when watching 5.1 movies the surround channel will be matrixed into both surround and surround/back speakers; having a perfect match will get you a better imaing effect which will be important sense the speakerswill always run this way.

Second reason: According to blind tests done by Home THeater Magazine, the resulting sound and imaging was _better_ than directs according to everyone involved in the tests. Here's the link: http://www.hometheatermag.com/loudspeakers/25/index.html

Grand11 - Thanks for the feedbacl on the rear speakers. The Klipsch owner manual also indicate the RS-35 in the back. What about them being "out of phase"? I was under the impression that the rears would have to be back in phase, vs. the surrounds that are "out"?

Thanks again!

Steve