chareged me for repairs within the warranty period

raks

My Promedia 4.1 had some trouble with its sub-woofer it made some fluttering sound whenever i played some sounds with low range.I bought the Promedia speakers from AL-Hatef Dubai in October 2002. I send the system back to them for repairs in June-2003 and after checking the system they wanted 100 dirhams for the repairs this was a product which had 1yr warranty which concluded in October 2003. There service was awful and i never expected a Klisch dealer to be this bad with there customers one of the main reasons I bought these system was because your after sales service was legendary.I am absolutely outraged at the behavior of your dealer.I hope you will take some action to make your customer care of your dealers better. And I need an explanation for your dealer charging for my Promedia subwoofer repairs within the specified warranty period.

----------------

On 12/22/2003 4:39:25 AM raks wrote:

My Promedia 4.1 had some trouble with its sub-woofer it made some fluttering sound whenever i played some sounds with low range.I bought the Promedia speakers from AL-Hatef Dubai in October 2002. I send the system back to them for repairs in June-2003 and after checking the system they wanted 100 dirhams for the repairs this was a product which had 1yr warranty which concluded in October 2003. There service was awful and i never expected a Klisch dealer to be this bad with there customers one of the main reasons I bought these system was because your after sales service was legendary.I am absolutely outraged at the behavior of your dealer.I hope you will take some action to make your customer care of your dealers better. And I need an explanation for your dealer charging for my Promedia subwoofer repairs within the specified warranty period.

----------------

Is the fluttering noise gone? It sure sounds to me like port noise and this can't be helped. Did you ask the dealer why you are being charged while under klipsch warranty? In any case, if you wanted to make use of the klipsch warranty, you should've contacted the klipsch customer service. Dealers do not cover manufacturer's warranty, so unless you bought a seperate dealer's warranty, the dealer doesn't owe you any free service.

I contacted the klipsch customer service before taking my system to them, they only asked me to take the system to the place were i bought it.Never thought i was going to be charged for this.

What is this port noise, they said the cone inside my woofer was loose or somethg and some wires were broken.

Thank u very much for replying to my msg.

Do tell me what this port noise is. I will be gettin my system back tommorrow will check if it still exists

thanx once again

Were there other problems? Broken wires would do a lot more than *fluttering noise". And you didn't answer, is the fluttering noise gone?

Port noise is the turbulant sound of a large amount of air being pushed out of the port. The lower the frequency, the more air the speaker needs to move to reproduce the frequency. The Promedia 4.1's seem prone to this distortion. I noticed you are asking what upgrade would benefit your setup the most. If it is really port noise that you are having trouble with, you should get a SWS. I haven't seen a maximum volume test, but justin_tx_16 did a SPL(sound pressure level) test of the original Promedia 5.1 and his SWS. When pushed right behind the point of port noise, the SWS kept up with the original Promedia 5.1. A real feat for a single 8" powered by 100 watt amplifier within a smaller enclosure. Though, is the Klipsch SWS available in India?

• 3 weeks later...

Talking about India, got the 4.1's from my aunt in the states and was all gung ho on trying them so I put them in my 240v power socket (the klipsches accept only 120v) so anyways I think something in the woofer is fried (some coil may have broken according to my electrical engineer), the question now arises whether there is anyway I can salvage these speakers, forget warranty because my aunt has already left for the states.

What has happened, and why can I get no power even after using a converter?

Will the power problem affect the performance of the speakers through sound quality?

Can the situation be remedied locally?